Tonight we begin a look at families and how we queers form them with a focus queer women's parenting choices.
How has being queer affected your decisions around being parents?
How have you queered the idea of mothering?
Music in this episode:
- ‘Doctor Doctor’ – Oh Pep!
- ‘Unnatural’ – Jezabels
- ‘Manic Baby’ – Preatures
- ‘Rock This Baby To Sleep’ – Kate Miller-Heidke
- ‘Oops I Did It Again’ – Britney Spears
- On Peter Costello and his call for reproduction at The Age: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/05/14/1084289883805.html
- Childfree at Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childfree
- Population Clock at the Australian Bureau of Statistics: http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs%40.nsf/94713ad445ff1425ca25682000192af2/1647509ef7e25faaca2568a900154b63?OpenDocument
- National Multicultural Festival: http://www.multiculturalfestival.com.au
First broadcast: 17 February 2017